Here at Southgate we are committed to evolving the industrial packaging and order fulfilment sectors through innovation, productivity and trusted products. We value our dedicated and expert talent here at Southgate and recognise their importance in ensuring our mission becomes a reality.
The Company uses its best endeavours to ensure that no job applicant or employee is discriminated against, directly or indirectly, on any unlawful grounds.
We recognise and encourage diversity and inclusion here at Southgate. We support every individual’s potential and job applicants will be considered solely on their ability to do the job.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet can perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.
- Skilled at penetrating working relationships with all key decision makers.
- Collaborative with the ability to partner internally and externally, building collaborative relationships with all stakeholders across the business.
- Effective contribution to the overall company strategy.
- Executing sales tactics to meet or exceed revenue/margin targets.
- Proven ability to increase revenue and maintain profitability through demonstration of commercial and financial acumen.
- A hunting mindset and the desire to constantly seek out new opportunities within new and existing accounts.
- Pragmatic, logical strategic thinker/decision maker, continually driving for new business opportunities with a solution driven approach.
- Self-starter, motivated with the ability to work alone and within a team, able to plan and prioritise development activities and respond quickly to changing requirements.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise with new and existing customers effectively and resolve queries in a calm and professional manner.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with Colleagues, Management and Customers.
- IT literate and the ability to use electronic record-keeping and reporting systems and Microsoft Office efficiently and effectively.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in new business development process and progress including record keeping.
- Minimum academic requirement of 5 GCSE grade C+ or equivalent,
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Sales or Technical accreditation (HNC, NVQ or equivalent)
- Proven experience in delivering technical service solutions.
- Experience in selling technical sales solutions B2B.
- Experience in a service development role or similar is strongly desirable.
- Experience of driving technical services sales in a European market.
- Experience in using ERP systems an advantage, particularly SAP Business One service and reporting.
- Support potential new customers with an understanding of what and how our service proposition will satisfy and exceed their expectation.
- Calendar ownership for all customer development tasks.
- Arrange visits for introductions, understanding and how we will deliver their servicing needs.
- Coordinate work for large contracts and projects when necessary.
- Coordinate external contractors when required.
- Coordinate Customer presentations to deliver desired results.
- Generate revenue from new business, existing business and propose how Southgate can continue to evolve in the repairs and servicing markets.
- Adhere to all HR policies, including company rules, policies and procedures as amended and updated from time to time.
- Respect Southgate Packaging values and uphold the Mission Statement.
- Always Comply with all Health and Safety policies and requirements.
Candidates who are successfully appointed will be subject to employment screening checks.