Here at Southgate we are committed to evolving the industrial packaging and order fulfilment sectors through innovation, productivity and trusted products. We value our dedicated and expert talent here at Southgate and recognise their importance in ensuring our mission becomes a reality.
The Company uses its best endeavours to ensure that no job applicant or employee is discriminated against, directly or indirectly, on any unlawful grounds.
We recognise and encourage diversity and inclusion here at Southgate. We support every individual’s potential and job applicants will be considered solely on their ability to do the job.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet can perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.
Skills / Attributes required:
- Friendly disposition
- Well organized and proven ability to plan ahead
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Flexibility & adaptable to juggle a range of different tasks to meet deadlines
- Has a hard work ethic and thrives in a busy environment
- Attention to detail and always looking for continuous improvement
- Demonstrating a can-do attitude and tenacity of purpose
- Creative, positive attitude, enthusiastic, focused, determined, purposeful, diligent, tireless, successful and great team worker
- Honesty, confidential and loyal
- Discretion and an understanding of confidential issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills, showing empathy & understanding
- To be able to work as part of team and motivate colleagues
- Fast learner – commercial, systems and processes
- A confident and determined approach
- Resilience and the ability to cope with rejection
- A high degree of self-motivation and ambition
- IT Skills
- Numerical skills
- Email Management
- Ability to research and analyse along with presenting the results to those required
- Exceptional written, grammar and oral communication skills
Education / experience required:
Competent Computer Skills – Outlook, Excel, Word, ERP & CRM Systems
Proven success in previous Commercial & Admin roles
Strong Phone handling Skills and active listening
Excellent communication and presentation skills
Attention to detail & Accuracy
Data Input: Once an opportunity has been uncovered by the Corporate Sales Key Account Manager’s (KAM’s).
Coordination with Procurement: Once the opportunity has been identified, you will be required to liaise with Procurement and Supply Chain on the specific requirement for the project. You will need to be able to establish.
- Timelines for sourcing
- Price parameters based on feedback from KAM
- Quality requirements
- Sample provision
- Supplier Accreditation
Commercials & Tender Submission: Based on the feedback from Procurement and Supply Chain, you will need to prepare the commercials for approval by the CCO and COO. Once the commercials have been approved, you will be required to prepare the quotations and tender submissions for the end client and any specific additional data or requirements provided by the KAM’s. The data will also be need to be entered in the CRM.
Project Management: Once a project has commenced, you will be responsible for managing the project through to the conclusion with the client. Conclusion being that the client either approves Southgate has won the contract or the project is lost.
- Once Project Approval has been granted, you will need to hand this over to the Customer Support Advisors to manage. These will include.
- Establishment of delivery schedules for the client.
- Coordination of schedules and timelines with procurement
- Communication with the key client and internal stakeholders
- Ensuring that QC is managed at every stage of the project
- Managing expectations with the client.
Client Coordination: You will be to expected to:
- Building strong relationships with all key staff members in the decision-making group, including their support team.
- Ensuring that all inbound calls are responded to within minutes if they cannot be addressed immediately.
- Ensuring all conversations and communications are entered into the CRM at the time of the event.
- Communicating directly with the KAM’s on all important information
Success in this role will be measured on completion and delivery of assigned projects alongside the management of daily/ weekly tasks.