Here at Southgate we are committed to evolving the industrial packaging and order fulfilment sectors through innovation, productivity and trusted products. We value our dedicated and expert talent here at Southgate and recognise their importance in ensuring our mission becomes a reality.
The Company uses its best endeavours to ensure that no job applicant or employee is discriminated against, directly or indirectly, on any unlawful grounds.
We recognise and encourage diversity and inclusion here at Southgate. We support every individual’s potential and job applicants will be considered solely on their ability to do the job.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet can perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.
About the role:
Join and help us continue to win in the market through supporting the creation of category sourcing plans, identifying opportunities that optimise growth for Southgate, it’s brands and its customers. You must be instrumental in delivering Sourcing & Supplier strategies to drive category growth and terms improvements.
To increase the sales and profitability of Southgate Global and drive sustainable growth. Building supplier relationships and provide both speed and solution driven responses to our customers. Always focusing on best service and quality at lowest possible price from our suppliers. Supporting our sales team with high energy to win new business.
Friendly can-do attitude, personable and enjoy working within a team environment. Always holding our colleagues in highest respect but not afraid to challenge the status quo and constructively challenge to provide a better overall solution/outcome for the business.
Orderly, efficient, and professional with a high level of speed and accuracy, attention to detail and excellent time management skills. Works well under pressure and is quick to embrace change. To contribute to the company’s goal for outstanding customer buying experience.
- Dynamic, can do, passionate, and proven track record of delivering for internal and external customers
- 4 years + experience in a sourcing role
- Ability to influence and challenge thinking and decision making internally & externally
- Direct experience with international suppliers and communications working in multiple different Inco terms.
- Ability to manage & prioritise Customer and internal work demands
- Ability to translate market trends and customer needs into a sourcing brief to tender across multiple suppliers.
- Understand the end to end supply chain and the cost make up of products to enable you to improve costs prices and manage price variability.
- Ability to negotiate to high standards
- Strong knowledge of category management, marketing, and sales principles
- Good interpersonal Skills and able to communicate at all levels across the business.
- Ability to analyse and develop accurate conclusions to support category decisions based on key data
- An understanding of the market and consumer insights and trends
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong Excel skills and Proficient in other MS Office applications
- Strong numeracy skills
- Analysing data or insights to determine industry and consumer trends regarding the product and category
- Creating and developing a strategic long-term plan for the development of sourcing
- Analyse the market to assess the potential for new products and services
- Leading category management and sourcing projects to optimise ranges
- Developing an exit strategy for unsuccessful products
- Building and driving relationships with key vendors to improve pricing, terms, and quality of service
- Negotiate with suppliers to ensure maximum profitability
- Quick solutions to sales challenges
- Create long term sourcing plan to drive continuous cost reductions / improved value.
- Supporting Sales with strategic business opportunities
- Implementing Procedures to drive efficiencies in the department.
- Become a key player in fulfilling our mission vision and values.