Key Account Manager (KAM) - Permanent position (KL).
Here at Southgate we are committed to evolving the industrial packaging and order fulfilment sectors through innovation, productivity and trusted products. We value our dedicated and expert talent here at Southgate and recognise their importance in ensuring our mission becomes a reality.
The Company uses its best endeavours to ensure that no job applicant or employee is discriminated against, directly or indirectly, on any unlawful grounds.
We recognise and encourage diversity and inclusion here at Southgate. We support every individual’s potential and job applicants will be considered solely on their ability to do the job.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet can perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.
The Key Account Manager (KAM) will be responsible for transferring customer relationships from the Business Development team to the Key Account Management team, taking ownership of the account and its continued growth and the development of customer relationships. The role will require a deep understanding of the clients current and future needs and the ability to communicate clearly with production, supply chain and other departments. The candidate will be pivotal in developing and building revenue across these clients and working with Business Development Managers (BDM’s) for new or emerging opportunities to ensure account management is not compromised with new projects.
Head of Corporate Accounts
No direct line management, but working with Customer Service, Supply Chain, and Operations.
- Collaborative with the ability to partner internally and externally, building lasting relationships with all customers and stakeholders
- Proven ability to grow businesses and maintain profitability through relationship management and building
- Good understanding of costs of doing business and how to grow margins.
- Pragmatic, logical thinker, continually driving for additional business from established accounts.
- A solution driven approach to problem solving.
- Clear understanding of sales procedures and the criticality in forecasting, planning, reporting, and managing sales from established customers
- An effective presenter, communicator, and relationship builder at all levels, with the ability to understand and translate customer needs
- Customer service mindset; highly responsive with analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to sell solutions, negotiate and execute the sale using USP’s, advantages & benefits as opposed to selling on price
- Fully understanding the role that emotion can play in customer experience and being able to respond to that dimension
- Demonstrable track record in effective communication, motivation and influencing skills
- Ability to organise resources and problem solve
- Professional, controlled, self-motivated with the ability to work effectively and co-ordinate a team, plan and prioritise and responds quickly to changing requirements
- Be able to work effectively as part of team
- Hands-on approach and an ability to deliver through others
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Driven, motivated, passionate to increase sales year on year, always looking for additional opportunities and ways to increase sales
- Good verbal and written communication skills with stakeholders and customers
- Attention to detail and accuracy in producing documentation.
- Experienced increasing sales revenue whilst adhering the company strategy
- Skilled in being solutions driven
- Ability to accurately forecast
- Proficient with CRM e.g. Salesforce
- Partnership focussed
- Problem solver
- Quality/Continuous Improvement/Sales oriented
A minimum of 5 years B2C account management sales experience at corporate level
A proven relationship builder with experience selling to senior decision makers, including procurement
Demonstrate evidence of the ability to continually grow accounts
Evidence of accurately forecasting and delivering reliably against that forecast
Competent IT Skills – Outlook, Excel, Word, SAP, Salesforce, Power-Bi
A full UK drivers’ licence
Experience in working packaging/ MHE industry
Previous experience in a complex sales environment
The key driver in expanding and sourcing opportunities within existing accounts
- Analyse price matrix and prepare commercials for new and existing contracts
- Responsible for the Account target in both revenue and GP.
Success in this role will be measured on retention of pre-existing accounts, account expansion through cross/up selling and overall team performance and the ability to forecast accurately.